Dr. Sheeler brings wisdom gained from his 25 years of strategic planning, governance, business operations, finance and advanced analytics experiences to bring clarity to complex risk identification, measurement, management, and mitigation issues faced by family offices and businesses.
A Court/IRS qualified expert, he addresses the 6T’s common to multigenerational families of wealth and their advisors wishing to get from here to there as seamlessly as possible:
- Transactions – Institutional caliber, independent 3rd party guidance on M&A and liquidity
- Transfers – Divesting, from ESOP to gifting or partial equity interest sale
- Taxes – Elegant options in conjunction with investment, legal and accounting advice
- Transitions – Strategic and holistic focus on opportunities and value building
- Transformations – Identifying risks and unique opportunities that don’t follow the herd
- Trouble – Family disputes over fiduciary duty, equity value, shareholder rights and governance
Dr. Sheeler, alongside BRG’s staff of 1000, is a thought-leader who harnesses both financial and human capital to serve founders, boards, key decision makers, staff, family and their trusted advisors. He distills complex issues and relevant facts into opinions and advice that are both understandable and actionable. He has the humility and honor of service as a combat U.S. Marine officer and father of five with three liquidity events under his belt.
Dr. Sheeler serves on numerous for profit and non-profit boards. He is the author of the John Wiley & Sons book titled Equity Valuation Enhancement, a treatise which addresses scaling 8- to 10-figure companies and has presented or published 200+ times for entities such as the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, the American Bar Association, the Federal Bar Association and other organizations on value, strategy and governance.
As a Strategic Value Architect and Chief-of-Staff he masters the alignment of involved parties to ensure a vision is not only clearly planned and articulated, but is acted upon and measured. His uncommon knowledge of equity value enhancement (and knowing with whom to find answers) has served dozens of family offices and hundreds of family businesses across most asset classes and industries.
Carl Sheeler's C.V.
Combined 327 years of experience. Our analysts are knowledgeable and designated; PhD's, Chartered Accountants/CPA's, Chartered Financial Analyst and ASA's (American Society of Appraisers designation). We know your business.
Whether for benchmarking, tax or legal purposes, our team will provide you with a defendable, substantiated valuation report. Our fees are lower than the big four accounting firms and you always receive personal attention.
- IRS (gifting, estate planning and estate tax)
- Insurance (funding buy-sell agreements)
- Preparation for sale
- Partner buy-outs
- White label services
Equity Value Enhancement
Now you know what it's worth, where do you want to go? We partner with thought leaders who have a global perspective and local knowhow.
- Succession planning
- Future sale
Do you need more than a valuation report for a litigated matter? We provide expert witness and litigation support services for the complex court case.
- Court case assessment
- Deposition & trial preparation
- Assessment of opposing counsel's expert